Friday, October 28, 2011

And the days go by...

I don't think the water will hold me up...
What??

Oh. I have a splitting headache that I fear might be orthodontically influenced. But I don't know. I can't chew on the left side of my mouth. But I also get pain when I'm not eating or even moving my jaw at all. Weird!! Pain killers don't work. I can touch my tongue to my teeth without a problem. So... I'm just generally confused. I don't want to go to the dentist. Dentists cost money. I have no money. Seriously. None.

I almost felt accomplished the other day.
The deadbolt on the front door broke. Don't know how. Perhaps I don't know my own strength? I was mad at this woman that keeps coming around begging for stuff. The other night (when the deadbolt died) she wanted 'a glass of ice cold water'. Now, not just 'please, can I have some water?'. No. It was demanding 'a glass of ice cold water'. Now this lady had been by before. I think this might be her fourth time around. Last week she wanted some money to buy some rice and beans. Well... mom GAVE her a 1 pound bag of rice and a can of beans. But she still wanted money, not the food. Makes me wonder...

Anyway... she'd been by before that and mom gave her money. And I think this bitch was here a year or two ago. Again wanting water. She'd just got out of the hospital and boohoo she's diabetic and needed water. So I gave her a glass. She holds it up and looks at it, sees the tiny bubbles and questions me about it. I should have taken it back and told her to go screw herself. Then she asked for a cigarette. She saw my dad's ashtray outside... tried to beg one off me. I told her I don't smoke... she didn't believe me and stomped off indignantly. Whatever. Good riddance...

So she came back begging for ice cold water... I shoved a little bottle of Zephyr Hills at her. She whined that it wasn't cold. I said nothing and closed the door. She bitched all the way out to the street... and the deadbolt broke...

We installed a new one... okay... I installed a new one with a little help from mom... it wasn't too hard, but damnit, mom doesn't take direction very well.... HOLD THE DOOR STILL!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment